Properties and businesses located within the Fifth Avenue South Business Improvement District Boundaries are considered “members” of the BID.
Participation in BID activities through service on committees, participation as a volunteer or by other means is encouraged and appreciated.
- Annual Report
- Annual Events including Evenings on Fifth, Sip of Fifth, Spooktacular Halloween on Fifth, Annual Christmas Walk & Tree Lighting Ceremony, targeted promotions including ArtWalks, RCC Night and holidays. The BID also partners with other entities to bring events to the street and awareness to charitable causes such as the PINK is Power Ladies Night out/Stiletto Sprint.
- Block Captains assigned to each block for outreach and communication
- Brand and Marketing Campaign targeted to both print and electronic media promoting Fifth Avenue South
- Committees including: Events Committee, Marketing Committee, Avenue Enrichment Committee
- Communication through e-blasts, newsletters, and website
- Listing of Available Property and Spaces in BID
- Liaison with City regarding codes and ordinances, maintenance, etc.
- Periodic Block Meetings with business and property owners to gain input into programs and activities and to identify issues and develop solutions
- Physical improvements and enhancements to district such as annual and holiday lighting in trees
- 5th Avenue South Business Directory brochure and signage
- 5th Avenue South Website
Three primary committees assist the Board of Directors with achieving goals and annual work plan each year. A brief description of each committee is noted below. Volunteers serving on these committee’s play an integral role in Fifth Avenue South’s success. Periodically, openings occur on the committees. If you are interested in serving on a committee or in assisting on a task force or as an event volunteer, please click here to leave your name and contact information.
This committee is tasked with guiding implementing the BID’s mission to “ensure that Fifth Avenue South is THE destination to live, work, shop, dine and play.” Through their efforts the brand and marketing campaign for the district was developed. Their role is to monitor and update as necessary, the various components of the marketing plan—print, electronic and multi-media. This committee works in concert with IMA Creative, the BID’s marketing consultant to achieve their goals.
Working in concert with the Marketing Committee, the Events Committee develops and reviews the annual line up of promotional events for the Avenue including Evenings on Fifth, Halloween, Christmas and partner events. Members are responsible for execution of events, ensuring adequate volunteer staffing to accomplish event set up, duration and take down.
This committee is tasked with interfacing with property owners, businesses, the city and the CRA on improvements that will enhance and sustain the image the district. Activities of this committee will include areas of appearance, landscaping, building maintenance, code enforcement, signage, lighting and parking.