8th Street Corridor Improvement Project – Update as of Aug 12th
August 12, 2019
The City of Naples 8th Street Corridor Improvement Project extends from 5th Avenue South to 7th Avenue North and includes 3rd Avenue South from 8th Street to 9th Street (US41).
*All 5th Avenue businesses remain OPEN*
The intersection of 8th Street South and 10th Avenue South:
- The sidewalk on the east side of 8th Street South at the intersection of 10th Avenue South also remains CLOSED.
3rd Avenue South, between US 41 and 8th Street South:
- The driveway entrance to the alley on the south side of 3rd Avenue South, just east of 8th Street South, will be CLOSED on Monday, August 12th for approximately one week.
- All businesses remain OPEN and can be accessed through the eastern driveway or the alley entrance on 4th Avenue South.
The intersection of 3rd Avenue South at 8th Street South:
- The intersection remains CLOSED for approximately another month for roundabout construction.
8th Street South, between 3rd Avenue South and Central Avenue:
- This portion of 8th Street South will remain CLOSED for utility improvements through August.
1st Avenue South right-of-way, between US 41 & 8th Street South:
- The right-of-way, including parking spaces, on the northside of 1st Avenue South remains closed for approximately 2 additional weeks.
- All businesses remain OPEN and can be accessed from 8th Street South via Central Avenue.
- The 6th Avenue South & 8th Street South parking garage is OPEN.
*Drivers should be alert for construction signage, workers, and equipment and are encouraged to allow additional time in their schedule. Your cooperation and patience are appreciated during the work.*
For further construction updates visit the
City of Naples website by clicking HERE.