8th Street Corridor Improvement Project
July 11, 2019
The City of Naples 8th Street Corridor Improvement Project extends from 5th Avenue South to 7th Avenue North and includes 3rd Avenue South from 8th Street to 9th Street (US41).
*All 5th Avenue businesses remain OPEN*
The project includes roadway, sidewalk, utility, and drainage improvements as well as a roundabout at the intersection of 3rd Avenue South and 8th Street South.
Construction update as of July 11th
- 8th Street South from 5th Avenue South to 4th Avenue South (at crosswalk) will OPEN on or around Thursday, July 11th
- This includes the 5th Avenue Parkway entrance and the parking garage entrance onto 8th Street South.
- The eastern portion of the alley directly south of the parking garage at 8th Street South and 4th Avenue South will be CLOSED beginning Monday, July 8th
- Approximately 6 parking spaces will be closed in the alley
- Pedestrian access will be closed; pedestrians will be routed across 8th Street South
- Closure should last approximately 2 weeks
- 3rd Avenue South, east/west travel, will remain open until Monday, July 8th
- The intersection of 3rd Avenue South at 8th Street South will be CLOSED beginning Monday, July 8th, for approximately 2 months for roundabout construction
- 8th Street South, north of 3rd Avenue South and south of Central Avenue, will remain CLOSED for utility improvements.
- Closure should last approximately through August
- 10th Street South just north of 1st Avenue South will remain CLOSED through Wednesday, July 17th
The intersection of 8th Street South and 10th Avenue South will be closed beginning Tuesday, July 9th and remain closed for approximately 2 weeks.
*Drivers should be alert for construction signage, workers, and equipment and are encouraged to allow additional time in their schedule. Your cooperation and patience are appreciated during the work.*
For further construction updates visit the
City of Naples website by clicking HERE.
8th STREET CORRIDOR PROJECT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
8TH STREET CORRIDOR INFORMATION REQUEST & COMMENT FORM