Culinary Concepts Making Dining Indoors Safer
October 29, 2020
New DINE SAFE program includes $40,000 custom plexiglass safety and hygiene barriers, hospital grade MERV-13 air filters and Clean Zone peroxide sanitization
Naples, FL: (October 29, 2020) . . . Culinary Concepts’ DINE SAFE is a new comprehensive and multi layered restaurant program designed to continue improving health and safety measures while creating memorable dining experiences for both guests and employees at its award-winning restaurants: Pazzo! Cucina Italiana, Chops City Grill, Yabba Island Grill on Fifth Avenue South, Chops City Grill in Bonita Springs and The Saloon in Estero.
“At Culinary Concepts, the health and safety of our guests and employees have always been the core of everything we do. Since our beginning in 1995, we have understood the importance of a safe and welcoming environment and the role it plays in the success of a restaurant,” says founder Skip Quillen.
Quillen recently installed more than $40,000 worth of custom plexiglass safety and hygiene barriers in all five of the restaurants’ bars and dining rooms; added hospital grade MERV-13 air filters to create a healthier indoor air quality and completely “fogged” all restaurant surfaces with Clean Zone Hydrogen Peroxide Sanitizer.
The DINE SAFE program includes more than a dozen safety precautions as directed by local and state regulators and in compliance with the CDC including:
- All front of house employees are required to wear masks or face shields
- All employees’ temperatures are taken before entering the restaurant and at the beginning their shift. Any employee with a temperature of 100.4 or above will be sent home
- Employees who exhibit any signs of illness, whether it is symptoms of the common cold, flu or a down day, must stay home
- Frequent hand washing that includes multiple hand sanitizer stations
- Employee zero touch policy – no employee (including management) is allowed to shake hands or have physical contact with guests or each other
- Increased frequency and extent of cleaning all dining rooms, kitchens, bathrooms and bars with CDC recommended peroxide multi surface cleaner and disinfectant
- Use single-use disposable paper menus to limit contact
- Salt and pepper shakers removed from tables
- No check presenters taken to tables – dinner bills presented in paper only
- Continue to provide expertly prepared food with employees that have always followed strict health department guidelines with customer safety in mind
- All restaurants offer outside dining options and offer take-out and delivery options
“Over the years, Culinary Concepts has built a solid foundation where our guests are able to relax and experience great food in a serene and safe atmosphere and our employees can come to work and feel supported and secure,” Quillen proudly notes. “We have always been ready to provide our guests with a dining experience they can trust, and our employees with a workplace they can be proud of.
“We are ready to welcome our guests this season with the same level of service, food quality, and atmosphere that they have always enjoyed now in southwest Florida’s safest restaurant environment,” he concludes.