Honor Dad with Chops City Grill Steakhouse Classics
May 6, 2021
Six-course tasting menu features customer favorites that have stood the test of time over 23 years
Naples, FL: (May 6, 2021) . . . Honor Dad and start a new Father’s Day tradition with a six-course tasting dinner at Chops City Grill Naples fittingly called THE CLASSICS, featuring an imaginative take on iconic steakhouse dishes. Chops is the award-winning steakhouse on Fifth Avenue South operated and owned by the Culinary Concepts restaurant group that includes Pazzo! Cucina Italiana and Yabba Island Grill also on Fifth Avenue South, Chops City Grill in Bonita Springs and The Saloon in the Coconut Point Shopping Center in Estero.
“THE CLASSICS menu draws from time-honored, long-loved steakhouse specialties. We wanted to offer a menu that featured all of the customer’s favorites but flexed our creative culinary muscles and updated some of the original recipes with unexpected twists that use new ingredients and innovative culinary techniques,” explains Chops executive chef Jason Mattozzi, adding menu’s piece de resistance is the steakhouse’s famed USDA Prime 40 oz. Porterhouse for Two, dry-aged for 28 days and hand-cut on the premises.
THE CLASSICS menu will be available for a limited time only Tuesday, June 15 through Father’s Day, Sunday, June 21st priced at $150 per person with an optional $125 wine pairings carefully selected by corporate bar manager Kendra Rizzi.
THE CLASSICS menu and wine pairings
1) Oysters Chopafeller – Chops’ interpretation of the traditional Oysters Rockefeller appetizer features oysters stuffed with mixture of Alaskan king crab, spinach, roasted bacon and parmesan cheese. Champagne, Canard-Duchléne, Brut, France, NY
2) The Short Stack – lobster, jumbo, king and stone crab cakes stacked high and served with a sauce of roasted sundried tomatoes, garlic and champagne.
Sauvignon Blanc, Jean Marechat, Sancerre, France 2019
3) “Best Ever” Clam Chowder – made-to-order bowl of New England-style chowder topped with five freshly steamed littleneck clams, silky Yukon gold potatoes and served with oyster crackers.
Chardonnay, Domaine Lemonier “Au Brulee,” Saint Veran, France 2018
4) City Style – “chopped wedge” salad of icy crisp baby iceberg, radicchio, romaine and Boston bib lettuces with Great Hill blue cheese dressing, bacon, candied black walnuts and micro cress.
Pinot Noir, The Prisoner “Eternally Silenced,” California 2019
5) 40 oz. Porterhouse for Two – traditional half fillet, half strip loin in giant one steak sliced and served with corn crème brulee, creamed spinach, hand-cut onion rings and a blackberry cabernet sauce. Cabernet Sauvignon, Caymus, Napa Valley, California 2018
6) King of Cheesecake – extremely creamy light homemade cheesecake with graham cracker crust, seasonal fruit and fresh berry syrup.
Daddy Bucks Brew, Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur and Kahlua with Tannat whipped cream
Chef Jason advises guests to allow two plus hours to complete the overall dining experience. The entire table is required to participate in THE CLASSICS menu with no substitutions.
Chops City Grill is located at 837 Fifth Avenue South in Naples. Open 5 pm until 10 pm offering both indoor and al fresco dining options. Reservations are recommended by calling (239) 262-4677 or online chopscitygrill.com