CARES Act COVID-19 Relief Funding
September 4, 2020
Small Business Assistance
Click here to Apply – Portal is Open NOW
$10 Million Up for Grabs to Small Business Owners:
- Applications Open August 31, 2020
- Part of CollierCARES COVID-19 Relief Program
Small business owners with locations in Collier County who employ 50 or fewer full-time employees should be aware of one-time grants available up to $25,000 intended to offset costs of business interruption as our economy slowly reopens.
Small Business Assistance sector applications begin:
August 31, 2020 through September 8, 2020 at Noon (application period open for 9 days)
To apply go to the CARES Act website at www.CollierFLCares.com
For general information about the CARES Act program please call 311 or 239-252-8999 to get answers to your questions regarding the application process.
Which businesses qualify for this funding?
- Small businesses (50 full-time equivalent (FTE) or fewer employees) in Collier County that have suffered significant temporary loss of revenue or job losses directly related to the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly businesses that have been directly affected by state business closure orders, are eligible.
- A sample of eligible businesses include hair salons, nail salons, gyms, restaurants, and boutique retail stores. Sole proprietors with a commercial space may qualify.
Is the money I receive taxable?
- Yes. The money is taxable, and your business will receive a 1099.
Is there a stipulation on how I can spend the grant funds?
- Funds should cover the cost of business interruption such as normal business expenses, employee wages, vendor bills and rent to help offset the significant temporary loss of revenue to qualified small businesses.
Is my application a public record?
- Yes, all documentation is subject to Florida Public Records Law.
What is needed to apply?
- A comprehensive list of documentation is listed on the application, but profit and loss statement, acknowledgement forms, are just a few of the required documents.
How can I use these funds?
- Funds can be used to reimburse the costs of business interruption caused by required closures, so long as these expenses have not already been paid for by insurance or another federal assistance program.
Is there a limit?
- Eligible small businesses may receive a one-time grant up to $25,000.
What businesses are excluded?
- Home-based businesses are not eligible.
- If you receive a 1099, you are considered an employee, not a business owner, and are not eligible. But, there are other federal and state programs that can help you.
- Wholesalers who sell goods or services to retailers or other businesses.
When will I hear back?
- So long as all the required documents are provided in a timely manner and everything is included that has been requested, applications will be processed on a first-come, first-qualified basis and will be processed as quickly as possible.
For more information about the CollierCARES program, call (239) 252-8999 or dial 311 within Collier County.